BannerFans.com

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things...

I once read a cheesy quote that was very inspirational to me (I am a total sucker for these types of things)...I think it was on a journal at Chapters or something. Basically the quote said something like: "Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about CREATING yourself." As a self-professed perfectionist (the kind that does nothing if she can't do it perfectly) I like this quote because it helps me to remember that even small steps are better than inertia. At this point in my life, I am trying to establish my career, maintain strong relationships, and determine my place in the world. I have decided I will begin to create four monthly goals to motivate myself...The goals will focus on the following aspects of my life: Intellectual, Physical, Spiritual, and Interpersonal.

Goals for May

Intellectual: Finish John Steinbeck's "East of Eden"



Physical: Run outdoors 3 mornings a week (5km)



Spiritual: Set up a meditation area in my bedroom and use it every morning for five minutes.



Interpersonal: Lunch/Brunch with my ladies at least once this month.



The prospect of getting started on these goals has me super-excited. I think I should reward myself...with a nice glass of red vino (for the health properties, of course!)

No comments: