BannerFans.com

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Handmade Christmas Wishlist

During my One of a Kind Show experience this weekend, I found so many handmade items that I loved! Although these are not the same vendors as at the show, their work is comparable...and they're considerably less expensive. To quote my future Father in Law "There were a lot of optimistic people at the One of a Kind Show."

Since I live in Canada, and -20c is not an uncommon temperature for us, I need warmth in winter. It seems nothing warms quite like something knit by hand...
This headband buttons together at the nape of your neck. It's excellent for someone like me, who generally sports an updo...

Chunky Headband in Heather Gray by Bitsy Blossoms
I should also mention that these are two for $30...at the One of a Kind Show, one was $55.

This cowl is soooo snuggly looking.

Wheat Tweed Cowl by Candace's Closet


These next three items are inspired by my desire to be more ecologically friendly. I have handmade "ziploc" bags, but I still find myself using the plastic ones from time to time. Stocking up on more of the reusable ones should help curb this even more.

Reusable Sandwich Wrap by Food Stuffs

Throwing out those cardboard cup holders at Starbucks and those of its ilk really make me feel awful. So much so that I actually made my own felt cup holder a few months ago...alas, Loki liked it too...so he ate it.

Cupkozy by Cupkozy


I, like most, bring my own grocery bags while shopping, yet I often still have tons of plastic to deal with after my trip because of those little produce bags. I have been eying these for a while, and I think I'll go for two sets...we buy a lot of produce.

Reusable Produce Bags by Food Stuffs


These are also something I have been eyeing for a while...these little budget helpers are meant to basically encourage you to live on cash, and thus spend within your means. It requires some budgeting, but we want to buy a house in the next year or two, and pay off my student loan...so it's a necessary evil. Might as well make it nice to look at!

Cash Budget Envelopes by Crunchy Cute


The best part about shopping Etsy in December? Many sellers are offering great deals, like two for one, and free shipping.

2 comments:

Art Wall Katie said...

What great finds, and so eco-friendly too. I always feel bad using those thin plastic produce bags just one time. Great alternative!

My Owl Barn said...

Great finds! I love those sandwich bags.