BannerFans.com

Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Recap

Wow! It seems as the weeks get closer to Christmas, the days go by faster and faster! This weekend flew by, but it was packed full of fun! On Friday we went to our friend's housewarming party...met lots of nice people and, although they're just getting set up, I can tell the place is going to look AMAZING!

On Saturday, I spent the day making some stockings for Steve and I. I used a French toile de joie pattern, and I think they turned out quite well.


I'm thinking about embroidering our names on them in cream on the cuff, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

On Sunday we had the in-laws for dinner, so we mostly spent the day cleaning...you know how it is...Thanks to the Smitten Kitchen and The Martha (of course) I made quite a delicious dinner, if I do say so myself. I HIGHLY recommend all of these recipes. The roast recipe is one that I use over and over, because it's so darn delish...and the brussels sprouts recipe is my new favourite veggie recipe!

Sunday Night Dinner Menu

Roast Beef with Caramelized Shallots

Photo from Martha Stewart

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Seasoned Salt

Photo from Martha Stewart

Balsamic Braised Brussels with Panetta

Photo from Smitten Kitchen

Vanilla Roasted Pears

Photo from the Smitten Kitchen

Finally, an annual tradition to top the weekend off...watching Muppet Christmas Carol with hot apple cider and popcorn...not the same without my sister or my Kelly, though my dogs were a close second.



ps...I KNOW that red tray has to go...and I'm working on it...the Fiance likes the random red...I am sure some might think it's sooooo 2007, but I am still in love with this Oscar de la Renta Chevron tray:



but you know I'll have to DIY...it's not sane to spend $300 on a tray. I'm thinking some wallpaper should give the same graphic effect. We'll see.

No comments: