BannerFans.com

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Upcycled Doggie Sweater...

Some of you may remember my idea to make a new dog sweater from this post. Well, friends...it isn't pretty, but I've done it! I used one of Loki's other sweaters as a pattern, and started chopping and stitching, and this is what I came up with:

The full effect...


A little closer up now...


Sitting handsomely...


Like, sooooo bored with life...


My initial hope was to just shrink the sweater enough to fit him without a single snip or stitch...although he was cooperative in trying, I was NOT a success.




Overall, it's not my best work, but at least it fits him, which means my skills are improving! My initial instinct when sewing is "get 'er done," which leads to rushing and sloppyy work. It takes ALL the willpower I have to go nice and slow, and get it done neatly. I'm a work in progress, what can I say?

No comments: