BannerFans.com

Friday, November 6, 2009

Vendredi ou la Vie Sauvage? Tous les Deux!

Warning: Gratuitous dog photography to follow...

So, today I kindly gave myself the day off, and spent it catching up on all the things I've been letting slide. This included washing my floors, and hanging out with the furbaby.

For many, Toronto calls to mind a monolithic concrete jungle with little green space, but this is simply not the case. Right beside my apartment is a veritable forest over 125 years old! Sherwood Park serves as a green respite for Yonge and Eglinton-ites, but it is also an off-leash park, which really appeals to my city-dog. We try to get over to the park at least once a week...understandably more often in the summertime, and less so in winter...It's a great opportunity for Loki to run free, and to socialize with other dogs which helps to teach him his place in the pecking-order of life...God knows we let him forget all too often...bad over-indulgent owners!

It's such a beautiful slice of the city that it's easy to forget I am mere feet from bustling Yonge St.

Sitting nicely, waiting to be set free...


No longer able to contain himself, he takes off at warp nine...


Altogether lovely to have such a perfect picnic spot steps from home <3


It really was a quintessential autumn morning...









We're working on developing patients...


So dressed up for the occassion...


As if to remind us that we, in fact, were still in the big city, CP24 and City TV newscasters were everywhere, as were volunteer search teams and police officers. Apparently there was a body-search going on in the forest...I guess you can never really have it all.

As an aside, my prayers are going out to young Mariam's family, please send yours as well.

No comments: