BannerFans.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

Dinner for the Week



As promised, here are my dinner plans for this week, along with links to the recipes mentioned. This week I focused on using my slow cooker as much as possible, as I love to do during the chilly fall/winter months. I have been craving classic French and Italian comfort foods with a healthy twist, so if you have too, feel free to whip up one- or all- of these delicious recipes. Oh, and don't forget to make enough for leftovers, because most of these meals are even more delicious the next day for lunch, just serve them over brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or wrap them in an Ezekiel sprouted grain wrap for a delish and healthy meal.

Monday: Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Tuesday: Turkey Meatloaf: Make them in muffin containers for instant portion control, and freeze them in a ziploc for dinner in a pinch. Serve with: Steamed Broccoli.
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Lasagna: For this recipe I like to use the whole wheat pasta noodles by PC Blue Menu. I also use Nordica 1% cottage cheese instead of the ricotta, and part skim mozzarella.
Thursday: Slow Cooker Cassoulet
Friday: Brined Roast Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes


I tend to avoid over-planning (ie weekend planning) as it tends to be a waste of time due to plans changing and the like, and we always have leftovers from the week that we can reheat for weekend lunches and easy dinners...who wants to spend all weekend cooking? Certainly not moi!

No comments: