BannerFans.com

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Inspiration

Soooo, as we are all well aware, Halloween is JUST around the corner. I absolutely love Halloween, and everything that's associated with it...but especially pumpkin carving.

I am going to be at home in Niagara this Halloween, and I can't wait to take an afternoon walk in the vineyards with my man, then carve up some pumpkins and roast the seeds. As I am wont to do, I took the liberty of researching some pumpkin carving designs, and I came upon some pretty impressive stuff. The Chicago Tribune culled together a pretty impressive gallery, which you should definitely check out here for unbelievable pumpkins like this elephant:



or this Gollum pumpkin:



or perhaps you prefer John himself:



Of course, I also checked out Her Majesty Martha Stewart's site, where I often find my best inspiration. I have used this Haunted Pumpkin Village before, and I may use it again, because it's pretty fun to do.



I also did these Owl Pumpkins using gourds.




They were nice because I didn't actually have to carve the pumpkin and make a huge mess, but they didn't light up...also I don't know if you've ever tried to cut one of those little decorative gourds before, but they're like cinder blocks.


A few years back I was wild for these white pumpkins, but I couldn't find them anywhere, so you can only imagine my elation when I found some at the little fruit and vegetable vendor by my house last week.



I may have to pick up a few just because they're so ethereal and creepy looking, and they make stunning luminaries...Now all I have to do is convince my dad to let me use his power drill...

OOOOH! As well! S and I had our engagement pictures this past Sunday, so hopefully I will have a few to post up here tomorrow! I can't wait to see them, and share them with you!

No comments: