BannerFans.com

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Vintage Halloween Postcards...Love!

I am certain most people would agree with me when I say that the days of the handwritten note, and "sail mail" for that matter, are pretty much dead. The once time-honoured tradition of sending friends and family handwritten greetings are relegated to post-wedding thank-you cards, and the odd holiday greeting card. No doubt the new trend of mass-emailing is better for the environment, but it is certainly not "better" for forging deep personal connections. In this era of Facebook et al I find it amazing that I know "so much" about people (like, for example, when they just got out of the shower, or got home from the gym), that I know so little about...

In honour of Halloween's impending arrival, and in a last-ditch effort to inspire people to put pen to paper (don't worry, I see the irony of me writing this online) I have collected an ADORABLE assortment of vintage halloween postcards. In the late 1800's and the early 1900's, people regularly sent these greetings to one another...I just think some of them are so striking and eerie, that I had to share them with you.














Aren't they just gorgeous? I have heard collectors will pay a pretty penny for these little babies too...

No comments: